I am all about healthy snacks at the moment, in particular fabulous ones you can take along to parties or gatherings. I also love sneaking in vegetables at any opportunity. Cue the egg cup, super easy and incredibly tasty.
Using mountain bread as a pastryish mould helps hold all the ingredients together. I used half mountain bread wraps for mine, but if I was prepping for weekly snacks I would cut into four to avoid excess wrap that is really awkward to fit in a lunch box. Again, you can fill these bad boys with any vegetable your heart desires.
- 6 mountain bread wraps, halved (If you are making for lunches/snacks simply cut 3 wraps in four so as not to waste excess wrap)
- 12 eggs
- 250g butternut pumpkin, diced and steamed (microwaved is easiest)
- 100g reduced fat Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups spinach, sliced
- Olive oil spray
- Heat oven to 180C. Prepare a 12 pan muffin tray by spraying with oil, can also use baking paper to make removal process even easier.
- Create a cone shape with the wraps and press down into tray. There will be a lot of overlay if you are using the halved wraps, quartered wraps should fit nicely. Be gentle so as not to break them.
- Evenly distribute the pumpkin, spinach and feta between the wraps. Season with salt and pepper or favourite spices.
- Crack an egg onto each of the wraps, aiming to cover the ingredients.
- Place in prepared oven for 15 minutes or until eggs have cooked through.
- Serve warm or cold.
Eclipse Fuel http://eclipsefuel.com/