Chicken and mountain bread 'sausage rolls'
In Australia the humble sausage roll is synonymous with group gatherings and parties. I always like to create a healthy version of favourite foods, hence the creation of healthy sausage rolls. This recipe is ridiculously easy to put together and there are so many different options to help create different flavours to suit whoever you a serving these too. I used mountain bread wraps to replace the pastry, which work a treat and they have corn/rice options too for those who are gluten intolerant or coeliac. I used chicken mince in this recipe but you could easily use turkey, beef or pork.
- 500g chicken mince
- 100g cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 5 mountain bread wraps.
- Olive oil spray
- Heat oven to 180C. Line large baking tray with baking paper.
- Use kitchen scissors to cut the mountain bread into 3 even strips (long ways). Good scissors should be able to cut through all layers in one go.
- Combine mince, cheese, mustard, onions and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a heaped Tbsp on one of a strip of wrap. On the other end spray with olive oil. Roll and press down gently to attach other end. Place on baking tray. Repeat until all mixture gone, you should have 15.
- Spray all the rolls with olive oil and bake in warmed oven for 30-40 minutes. Check at 30 minutes, the mixture should be cooked through.
- Serve hot or cold with your favourite sauce, I like sweet chilli.
Eclipse Fuel http://eclipsefuel.com/