Mexican 'taco' soup
I love Mexican food and with Winter setting in I am also looking for soup more regularly. Minestrone is an old favourite of mine so I thought why not create a Mexican spin off? The bonus of this recipe is that it is extremely simple and easy to throw together. The perfect mid week meal or easy meal prep option.
- 500g lean turkey mince
- 1 large zucchini, thickly diced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly diced
- 1/4 cabbage, chopped
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 tin black beans, drained
- 1 tin corn, drained
- 2 x tin tomato (preferably with basil and oregano)
- 1 Litre vegetable/chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (add more if you wish)
- Heat a medium, heavy based saucepan and over medium heat add 1 tsp olive oil.
- Once oil is hot saute onion and garlic, when once softened brown the turkey mince. Once cooked stir through spices until fragrant.
- Add rest of ingredients, stir to combine. Bring to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes until vegetables softened.
- Serve with avocado, greek yoghurt and light shredded cheese.
- These also taste delicious with oven baked corn tortillas or freshly baked rye brea
Eclipse Fuel http://eclipsefuel.com/