White bean and peanut crumble banana loaf
I was very much in a legume mood when I whipped up this bad boy. The white beans are a great fibre source along with the over ripe bananas and dates used for sweetness. The crumble topping is a good source of healthy fats with nut butter, pecans and coconut. The perfect afternoon tea paired with a lovely herbal tea.
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 over ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 4 dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- For the crumble;
- 1/2 cup nut butter, I used peanut and chia
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 honey
- 1/2 rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/4 almond meal
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pre heat the oven to 180C.
- Blend all the cake ingredients in a food processor until combined and smooth.
- Pour into prepared tin. Press down the pecans into the mix lightly.
- Meanwhile melt honey, oil and nut butter. Mix in oats, coconut and almond meal. Crumble evenly over the batter and top with pepitas.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 25 minutes. At this point cover with foil and bake for a further 25 minutes. When cooked a skewer should come out clean.
- Serve warm or allow to cool and freeze for weeknight nibbles.
Eclipse Fuel http://eclipsefuel.com/