Nut butter granola
I was busy making a delicious crumble to top my banana bread and found I made too much. With some left over pecans and pepitas I thought why not make some granola? High in fibre and healthy fats this is a great topper for your morning yoghurt!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup pepitas
- 1 cup roughly chopped nuts, I used pecans
- 1/2 cup natural nut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Heat an oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt the honey, nut butter and olive oil in the microwave or over low heat on the stove.
- Meanwhile, spread the oats, nuts, seeds and coconut over the tray.
- Once wet mixture melted down pour over the dry mixture and stir to ensure most of the dry ingredients are covered.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes. Keep an eye on it and once it is starting to brown take out of the oven and mix to expose the uncooked mixture. Put it back into oven for a further 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container
Eclipse Fuel http://eclipsefuel.com/