Kidney bean, beetroot and macadamia brownies
I love creating delicious, healthy versions of everyones favourite treats. I also love vegetables, hence why I created a brownie packed full of high fibre options. The beetroot and cacao are high in antioxidants, whilst the kidney beans are a good source of protein, folate and iron. I kept the sugar content low in this recipe by using dates, raspberries and dark chocolate for bursts of flavour. Lastly, the chunks of macadamia add a hit of healthy fats and crunch.
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 small roasted beetroots, skin removed, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 4 dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 100g 85% dark chocolate, roughly chopped to resemble chocolate chips
- 1-2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 cup macadamias, roughly chopped
- Line a brownie tray with grease poof paper and pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients except macadamias, chocolate and raspberries.
- Mix through broken up chocolate and macadamias into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared tray and top with raspberries pressing them in slightly.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30minutes until skewer comes out with crumbs attached.
Eclipse Fuel http://eclipsefuel.com/