Refreshing haloumi and strawberry salad
Another great summer lunch or BBQ side to accompany your favourite grilled seafood or meat. The sweet strawberry and salty haloumi make a mouthwatering pair, along with the cool cucumber and Thai basil you will feel refreshed and light.
- 300g haloumi, thinly sliced
- 2 large cucumbers, ribboned using a peeler
- 1 punnet of strawberries, halved
- 1/2 C hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/4 bunch of Thai basil, leaves torn
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Heat a griddle pan over high heat and spray with olive oil. Place strips of haloumi on heated pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese has char marks. Set aside once all cooked.
- Combine all ingredients, except basil and haloumi, toss with lemon juice, oil and seasoning until all combined. Toss through basil and haloumi. Serve alone or alongside your favourite BBQ meat or seafood.
Eclipse Fuel http://eclipsefuel.com/