Peach, strawberry and hazelnut crumble
Summer stone fruit are in abundance this time of year and can easily star in a healthy and nutritious dessert. I've topped mine with a scrumptious hazelnut and ginger bread crumble to get into the christmas spirit. Adding herbs such as basil or mint and spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg can help freshen up a basic crumble mix for a summer evening.
- 1kg of peaches, halved and pits removed
- 2 punnets strawberries, halved
- 1/4 bunch of mint, torn
- 1/2 C Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 C maple syrup
- 3 tsp mixed spice
- 1 C rolled oats
- 3/4 wholemeal spelt flour
- 1/4 shredded coconut
- 1/2 C hazelnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 180C. Place peaches and strawberries in the base of an oven safe dish.
- Mix wet ingredients, sift through flour and spices. Add the rest of the dry ingredients until a crumbly consistency is reached.
- Spread the mixture roughly across the top of the fruit.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until fruit is stewed and top is golden.
- Serve with vanilla bean yoghurt, custard or ice cream
- This recipe could easily work with other stone fruit such as plums with mixed berries and apricots with raspberries or blueberries
Eclipse Fuel http://eclipsefuel.com/