Roasted pork belly on a bed of apple and black eyed peas
I absolutely adore pork belly, and it turns out it's a really easy cut of meat to cook. This is the perfect addition to your next Sunday roast or for your Christmas feast. Serve alongside greens and roast vegetables.
- 1.4 kg pork belly
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt flakes
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 5 granny smith apples, halved
- 2 brown onions, cut into wedges
- 2 whole garlic bulbs, halved
- 1 tin of black eye peas, drained
- Heat oven to 180C. With a sharp knife, score the skin of the pork belly in a criss cross pattern. Cover in olive oil and season heavily. Rub the salt and pepper into skin.
- Place apples, onion, garlic bulbs and beans on base of tray. Top with pork belly.
- Place in hot oven and bake for 90 minutes. Take out of oven and set aside for 15 minutes. Mash the rest of the contents of the tray together. Slice the pork belly into cubes and serve a top of the bean/apple mixture.
Eclipse Fuel http://eclipsefuel.com/