Vegetable egg muffins
These fabulous little morsels are filling and nutritious, and make the perfect on the go breaky. I love fitting in a serve of veggies at breakfasts, it means I can tick off one of my five for the day. Cook in batches and freeze ahead for whenever you need a quick and easy breakfast option you can devour after the gym or a run.
- 4 eggs
- 1 grated zucchini
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ C milk of choice
- 4 rashers of bacon, diced (optional)
- 1 cup of grated low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 punnet of sweet grape tomatoes, quartered
- Heat oven to 180C, grease a 2 x 12 whole muffin trays alternatively use greased patty pans.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients and mix until ingredients are combined and egg yolk has been broken up.
- Season mix with salt and pepper.
- Add mix to prepared muffin tray, fill ¾ full. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes* or until golden and firm to touch.
- Let cool or serve warm. If you would like to freeze these for on the run breakfasts let them cool completely then freeze in zip lock bags in groups of two.
Eclipse Fuel http://eclipsefuel.com/